Halloween is coming; and I had to create a nice recipe in this regard. It is of course a high-protein recipe, but nevertheless it’s good.
Ingredients (for 15 bars)
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons spice, like cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
- Roast your oats for 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet (Or until they turn a nice golden brown). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread dough to 1/2 inch thickness in a baking dish or 1/2 sized cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough has a nice golden brown appearance.
- Allow to cool. Slice into bars and store in a Tupperware.
Nutritional Content (for 1 bar)
- Calories: 238
- Total Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Protein: 13 grams