Maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle becomes increasingly more difficult because of two things – the constant availability of food, and the busy environment we all live in day-to-day.
We also tend to put more pressure on ourselves, to continue to eat healthy foods that boost our energy and help us develop. If you’re like me, and addicted to training and keeping as it as possible, then your diet if one of the most important things in your average day. You’re constantly thinking of food and what you can have for your next meal.
You’ve probably heard of the phases “cheat day” or “treat day” a million times, but if you’re craving certain foods, there’s a high possibility that you haven’t got your diet right.
We all have our vices and I’m not different from anyone else. For me, it’s strong black coffee and the occasional cake treat! But what if I was to tell you that it’s possible to include cake and desert into your healthy lifestyle diet without adding loads of calories…? To make it even more appealing you don’t even need an oven – just a few spare minutes and a refrigerator…. would you be interested?
Part of being healthy includes resisting the urge to run to your local shop to grab a greasy snack. Yes, it’s possible! With simple recipes like a healthy no bake banana cake or a healthy no bake cheesecake, you can whip up a snack for you and your family in no time at all. Your instant answer to a quick snack is the healthy no bake banana bread blondies, and when I say instant I mean you will have a snack in 5 minutes.
- One kiwi
- One banana
- A handful of strawberries
- 250g soft cream cheese
- 200ml heavy cream
- Lemon juice of two large lemons
- 40g melted butter
- 120gm Oreo cookies
- 60g granulated sugar
- Peel and slice all of the fruit into even pieces then put aside until needed.
- Grind the Oreo cookies into the coarse sand. Then mix the Oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture into a cake tin.
- Mix half of the sugar and heavy cream until you have a stiff forming mixture.
- You can now mix the rest of the sugar and lemon juice with the cream cheese and mix thoroughly until it becomes smooth. Add the whipped cream with the cream cheese and mix it thoroughly.
- The mixing is now done!
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the cake tin, on top of the Oreo base.
- Level with a spoon or knife then lay your slices of fruit on top, covering the cheesecake.
- Place in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours….then take our and enjoy!
This is the perfect snack or desert to share with your family. It’s easy to make, doesn’t require any baking and importantly, it’s still healthy and doesn’t add a huge amount of calories into your already complex diets!
About The Author
Hi, I’m Kevin Hodges and I’m addicted to sport and fitness. I hit the gym regularly and love to eat food. I used to think that I could eat anything and as long as I trained hard, I’d just burn off anything bad that I’d eaten….
Well I learned the hard way that you have to watch what you eat if you’re serious about staying in shape, which is why I started looking at better ways to “treat” myself and is why I enjoy creating new no-bake recipes for snacks that are not only healthy, but also taste great.
If you’re interested in reading more recipes like these and many more, visit my website CrazyGain.com to see what else I have on offer!